Thursday, February 14, 2008

politics -- register to vote!! oh and happy valentines'

Happy Valentine's Day, what some psychologist's call the most depressing day of the year. What happened to Blue Monday? I guess people have different most depressing days of the year. I'm sure for many today was horrible, a terrible reminder of being single and for others a reminder of how it feels to be in love. Personally, I didn't think being single today was all that bad, but perhaps that's because I've been inside my Grandma's house all day and have just been studying and waching TV. The worst thing so far was my ex calling to say 'Happy What Would Have Been Our Anniversary!' As lovely as that was to hear, it didn't bring me down. Maybe I'm just looking foreward to that date with Cooper and Colbert tonight. Something is terribly wrong with me.

Well I haven't written anything in a while and I'll be writing for a bit to catch up on all that I failed to write. I feel like writing about politics right now so that's what we're recapping.
-Super Tuesday, Obama came out with more wins but when calculated Clinton had more total delegates.
-Sat. February 9, Obama wins Louisiana, Washington and Nebraska. Clinton has 1,095 delegates to Obama's 1,070.
-Sun. Febraury 10, Obama wins Maine.
-Tues, February 12, Virginia, Maryland, and Washington D.C. all go to Obama and he finally has more delegates that Clinton, 1,212 to 1,191 respectively.
-There were all the republican races too, McCain is still waaaaaaay ahead.

Will Obama's win streak continue?

I would like to add that I hope all of my friends who are Democrats will go out and vote at the Hawaii Caucus next Tuesday, February 19. Well, I don't actually know of any of my friends, other than myself who are registered to vote, but at te very least register even though it's too late for the Caucus.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow it's been a while since you posted! My Valentine's wasn't all that awful either, maybe since I had 7 hours of work to occupy me...

I'm actually going to register this year, amazingly... I still need to do that, but for the first time in my life, politics feels interesting. Probably because we have a good shot at having either a woman or black president!