Monday, November 19, 2007

unlucky -- darren swanson

un·luck·y [un lúkee] - adj
having bad luck: not experiencing good luck



This is just sad. A report by 1010 Wins, was posted Saturday, November 17, 2007 about a guy and his misfortunes. Darren Swanson, a 21-year-old from Bridgeport, CT was shot in the face Friday by a group of strangers. Somehow he managed to drive himself to the Bridgeport Hospital Emergency Room, err rather drive himself into the Bridgeport Hospital Emergency Room. No one was injured but the windows were shattered and the door damaged. It was later reported by a police spokesman, that Swanson was in fair condition. But then, Swanson’s day gets even worse. In his wrecked car, the police found marijuana; thus he was charged with possession of marijuana.



We’ve all had bad days, but most times, if not all times, they aren’t as bad as Swanson’s day. Some people do have days worse than that, and my regards to them, but for the rest of us, we better just stop pitying ourselves because it really can be worse. Lately I’ve been telling myself that however sorry my life is, it really could be worse. I could be one of those 3,000 plus people in Bangladesh that have lost their life due to the cyclone. Or perhaps even worse, I could be one of the many that are still alive, but are stuck with the grief of having lost their home, their family, and everything that they had. I’ve never lost my family or been homeless or had to search for dead bodies. I’ve never been shot in the face or shot at all for that matter or been arrested. So I guess my life really isn’t that bad, it’s pretty darn good.
MORAL: It could be worse.


And I just have to add a little to the last post. Some blogger recently posted that Megan Meier ( the girl who committed suicide) “had it coming.” That is just disgusting, saying that an innocent girl deserves to be dead. That sick person even code named herself with my name. I am ashamed.




1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think it always could be worse... Indeed you probably wouldn't want it to be, but it helps ease the pain of the current unfortunate situation. I always loved how in the movies it'd start raining the minute a character said it!

Hum, I think that blogger should go and shoot him/herself in the foot. Or have something equally painful inflicted. I really hate stupid people with even stupider comments like that...