Friday, January 11, 2008

fun facts -- courtesy of mental floss

Here are some fun/interesting facts courtesy of the magazine Mental Floss. If you ever need a magazine to read, that's one you should definitely check out. My dad subscribes to it and I always am anticipating the day that it arrives in the mailbox. It's a magazine for geeks (no offense to anyone) with a lot of interesting tidbits inside, most are probably things that you'll never need to know, but hey that's the best kind of knowledge.



-Donkeys kill more people annually than plane crashes.

-Oak trees do not produce acorns till they are 50 years of age or older.

-Venus is the only planet that rotates clockwise.

-Apples are more efficient in waking you up in the morning that caffeine.

-Turtles can breathe through their butts!



I wish I could breathe through my butt...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's weird how knowing the most useless things actually makes you seem incredibly smart. I appreciate the apples one; it's a lot more healthy.

I'm not sure you'd really want to breathe thrrough your butt... However useful it may seem, I wouldn't want to be able to smell through it either.